Do you thrive in a highly dynamic environment, can you deal with freedom and responsibilities, and do you want to make an important contribution to great projects? For our client in Heerlen (The Netherlands) we are looking for a Backend Developer.
Your work week briefly:
As a Backend Developer for our client in Heerlen you are responsible for maintaining, extending, and improving the application backend services while applying their knowledge of software architecture and service design to keep the components testable and maintainable. You will co-design service APIs with the software team and refactor databases and data services to best reflect the domain models of our client. Furthermore, as a Backend Developer, you own the database layer and the overall backend architecture, immediately influencing the quality and internal developer experience of the product.
What else will you do as a Backend Developer :
- Designs and implements concepts for the backend architecture of our software products;
- Refactors existing components to reduce dependencies and increase flexibility for realizing new product features;
- Takes care to keep the software testable and maintainable and helps other software developers in creating tests;
- Creates backend documentation to help onboard new team members and train second and third level service;
- Participates in improving update, service, and deployment strategies;
- Works as part of an objective-driven product team and takes ownership for problems rather than tasks;
- Keeps up to date and shares knowledge about trends and practices in web application development.
What can you expect from our client?
- Their success story is a combination of different technologies, from computer vision over electronic engineering to plant biology;
- Their technology is a unique combination of multiple scanning technologies and is used word-wide;
- Their customer base varies from university-laboratoria to the biggest players in biotech and crop-growers;
- They follow an informal and easy-going culture with room for fun and humor;
- On Friday afternoon the weekend is celebrated together with your colleagues;
- They are eager to learn, improve and will grow big.
What does our client expect from you?
- 5+ years of professional experience with backend development;
- 3+ years of experience in designing and documenting system and software architectures;
- Proficiency with C++, bash, lxc and standard Linux environments;
- Knowledge about software architecture and API design;
- Ability to write modular and testable code;
- Experience with relational and document-based databases;
- Experience in configuration management (preferred);
- Knowledge about system architecture and service-oriented architecture (preferred);
- Proficiency with Python (preferred);
- Ability to write software tests and documentation (preferred).
This is our client :
Our client is a biotech company, which develops and provides hard- and software for automated plant screening and plant phenotyping. They empower seed companies, crop protection companies, and indoor farms around the world in transforming their phenotyping processes into digital, agile, and efficient development pipelines. Combining their expertise in sensors, automation, and data analysis with their clients’ knowledge, they are driving transformation.